The Home Affairs Bureau is committed to ensuring that all personal data are handled in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. To this end, this Bureau undertakes to:
- collect adequate, but not excessive, personal data by lawful and fair means only for lawful purposes related to the functions or activities of this Bureau;
- take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure that the personal data collected or retained are accurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are to be used;
- erase personal data which are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they are to be used;
- use the personal data collected only for purposes or directly related purposes for which the data were to be used at the time of collection, unless the individual concerned has given express consent for a change of use or such use is permitted by law;
- take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure that personal data are protected against unauthorised or accidental access, processing, erasure or other use;
- take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure that a person can be informed of the kinds of personal data that the department holds and the purposes for which the data are to be used; and
- permit persons to access and correct personal data of which they are the data subjects and process any such access/correction requests in a manner permitted or required by law.
Search service on this website is provided by an independent contractor of the Government. We are advised by the independent contractor that it does not collect personal identifiable information while serving search results through this website. The independent contractor will share the anonymous data it collects through the search service with the Government for compiling traffic analysis on government websites. The Government will not match the data obtained from any such search activity with any personal data possibly held by the Government.